Skip Navigation LinksHome > Housing Advice

Housing Advice

What you need to know about renting
  • Thinking about being a landlord?
  • Looking for a house to rent?
  • Looking for a flatmate or boarder?
  • Having problems with your tenancy?
  • Need emergency accomodation?
  • Know your tenant landlord rights and responsibilities?
  • Need Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment forms?
  • Need help with understanding or finding out about the Residential Tenancies Act?

If you have a problem, question, or are just curious about a rental housing or accommodation matter then get in touch with us.

We provide
  • Free advice on your responsibilities and rights as a tenant or landlord under the Residential Tenancies Act
  • Information on different types of accomodation available, including emergency accomodation
  • Assistance with tenancy complaints and problems. We can outline the Tenancy Tribunal process, and, or go with you to the Tribunal
We have lots of information on
  • The Residential Tenancies Act
  • Emergency Accomodation
  • Other accomodation options
  • Fixed term tenancies
  • Student accomodation information
  • Community, city council and government accomodation resources

We have all the forms you need

(06) 358 4875
Hancock Community House,
77-85 King Street,
Palmerston North 4410
Mon - Fri 10am - 3pm

Check us out on Facebook

Housing Advice Centre is a non-profit Incorporated Society.
Our charity registration number is CC11390.
A big thank you to all our funders:
United Way New Zealand ministry of social development Palmerston North City Council Palmerston North Community Services Council New Zealand Lotteries Community Organisation Grants Scheme Community Post Pub Charities Eastern and Central Community Charities The Lion Foundation Thomas Richard Moore Trust